28 Million Americans Remain Uninsured.
While we must continue to fight to keep the healthcare protections we have, according to the CDC, we still had more than 28 million uninsured Americans last year. Now is the time to catch up to the rest of the world and pass Medicare for All (H.R. 676), to take healthcare out of the hands of the insurance industry, and place it into the hands of healthcare professionals.
Medicare for All is not a new idea, nor is it a radical one. It saves lives and it saves money. Medicare for All makes sense.
Proudly endorsed by: DUH - Demand Universal Healthcare -http://duh4all.org/2018-candidates/ushouseandsenatecandidates.html
Here are some important points about Medicare for All:
- Administering M4A saves over $500 billion a year, as compared to our current wasteful system.
- It ends healthcare rationing based on ability to pay and provides high quality, complete coverage for every resident from birth to death.
- It is financed up-front through progressive taxes and saves consumers thousands of dollars every year.
- It's good for business – particularly small businesses who are not burdened with the cost of providing health insurance.
- It gives us freedom to choose care-givers and to be able to live and work wherever we choose without fear of losing healthcare.
- Single payer is a simple, uniform system that eliminates bureaucracy.
Medicare For All is not a new idea. Medicare For All makes sense.