Our country will achieve greatness when we acknowledge our strength lies in our diversity and when our policies reflect that acknowledgement. When we value all people and work to right the wrongs that still affect people of color, we are working toward a more just and equitable nation. Once we realize the systemic racism that exists effects 40% of the U.S. population adversely, we can begin to change it together.
Lisa will work tirelessly to:
- Actively support racial diversity everywhere, including government, work places, and education
- Stand up to systemic discrimination
- Eradicate prison for profit, education for profit, and law enforcement quota systems which disproportionately impact people of color.
- Reform our criminal justice system to eliminate mandatory minimum sentencing, the "War on Drugs", jail time for non-violent crimes better served by supervision treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Reform law enforcement practices with training and standards that combat discriminatory use of force, racial profiling, and abuses of power, and implement community involvement and appropriate response.
- Advocate for economic justice with pay equity, Medicare for All, $15/hr living wage, the right to unionize and fight for benefits, progressive taxes that shift the burden off of working class folks and make the very wealthy pay their fair share, tuition - free public college, expansion of social security, universal childcare and pre-k programs, and providing employment opportunities for all.
- Provide quality public school education for every child by investing in our schools, our teachers, and our children, and by providing alternatives to suspension or expulsion.
- Expand poll access and voter's rights by removing barriers to voting, eliminating racially motivated voter purges, ending gerrymandering, and making voting easier and more accessible to all.